|Born|| March 15, 1998 |
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight||180 lb (82 kg; 12 st 12 lb)|
|WHL team||Vancouver Giants|
Tyler Benson (born March 15, 1998) is a Canadian ice hockey player. He is currently playing for the Vancouver Giants in the Western Hockey League (WHL). Benson was selected first overall by the Vancouver Giants in the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft.
Benson played bantam hockey within the Alberta Major Bantam Hockey League (AMBHL) where during the 2012-13 season he established a new scoring record with 146 points in 33 games, supassing the previous mark of 131 points held by Ty Rattie. In addition to being the league's top scorer, he was also named the AMBHL North's Most Valuable Player for the 2012-13 season.
The Vancouver Giants selected Benson with the 1st overall pick in the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft and, as an underaged player, he made his WHL debut on November 16, 2013.
Awards and honoursEdit
|AMBHL Most Valuable Player||2012–13|||
|WHL Bantam Draft First Overall Selection||2013|||
- ↑ Tyler Benson: Underage and under pressure in Giants debut
- ↑ AMBHL Final – Edmonton SSAC vs. Calgary Northstar Sabres | Western Elite Hockey Prospects
- ↑ Tyler Benson makes debut for Giants against the Tri-City Americans, G-Men win 5-2
- ↑ Alberta Bantam AAA
- ↑ 2013 WHL bantam draft tracker | Edmonton Journal
- Tyler Benson's career stats at Eliteprospects.com
- Tyler Benson's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|